Getting Customers to Take Notice: Growing Valet Gourmet
November 7th, 2013
On Sunday, October 27th, Atlas Branding celebrated 4 years of business. In our own marketing efforts over the next month, we’re going to re-visit brands over the last 4 years and bring them full circle. Starting with one of our first clients, Valet Gourmet.
In 2008 Atlas Branding began working with the local food delivery service in town called Blue Ridge To Go. Blue Ridge To Go started up in 2003, and had been operating for about six years. They had a very solid and enthusiastic customer base but the company knew it had room to grow and wanted to reach new markets. In addition to this goal, Blue Ridge To Go was starting to feel less than enthusiastic about their current brand recognition and company name.
We worked with Blue Ridge To Go and its customers to make sure that if the company re-branded it would head in the right direction. After the preliminary market research was completed, we moved into renaming the company.
Some things we took into consideration for the new name:
1. Making sure that the new name was not tied down to a geographic area.
2. Positioning the new name around the importance of how they do customer service. (IE: the Valet in Valet Gourmet)
3. A unique and iconic name that allows them to standout, and draw the attention of new customers.
How we approached the brand visuals:
1. In order for people not to mistake their company as a taxi service, we created a logo that referenced the heyday of modern air travel and customer service in the style of the 1950s and 1960s.
2. To continue the approach of getting their logo off of the ground and into the air, Atlas crafted a flying plate with wings. This was a direct reference to the airline motif.
3. We engaged and interacted with their current customers throughout the re-brand process which helped them feel included and connected to the new brand for greater recognition and support.
“Rebranding our business after 6 years was no easy task and I shudder to think that we were going to attempt it ourselves in the beginning. Atlas Branding did a phenomenal job of taking our company’s strengths and turning them into a real brand, with very special attention to each detail along the way. We couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out, and our business more than doubled in the 2 years following the rebrand.” ~ Kenan Hopkins, Owner of Valet Gourmet