We’re Hiring: Brand Designer
Graphic Design Job Asheville: We’re looking for a brand designer with 2+ years of professional, brand identity experience to join our studio in Asheville, NC. This is not a remote position.
We’re a boutique studio that crafts brands and packaging solutions primarily for food & beverage, lifestyle brands, and places. Established in 2008, our small, tight-knit studio is always under 10 folks. More details about our values below. Studio hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• I value art direction and constructive feedback.
• Open and honest communication is important to me.
• If a co-worker needs help, I’m usually the first to offer a hand.
• I am detail-oriented and can manage my own deadlines.
• I understand that I’m designing for others and contextualize to their needs.
• Work and rework a design so I can deliver an exceptional solution.
• Strong portfolio in logo design, packaging and some illustration styles.
• Able to balance 5 – 7 client projects/deadlines per week.
• Depending on experience level, this position may have a jr designer that reports to it.
• Portfolio must include cohesive brand identity work, packaging and some illustration exploration.
• Ability to draw and sketch by hand and/or an iPad Pro is necessary
• Proficient knowledge of pre-press and print production
• Skilled in Illustrator, Procreate, Photoshop, InDesign, XD
• A college degree is not required. We care about the quality of your portfolio, not where you went to school.
If so, please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no walk-ins.
- Cover letter and Résumé Attn. to: Lisa Peteet, Creative Director
- Portfolio (Please provide as either a URL, Dribbble, or PDF at 15 MB or under. A password protected website also works great.
- Three references – phone numbers please
Relationships: Growing and nurturing our relationships with our team, clients, and the community.
Hard Work: Quality design requires practice, patience and perseverance.
Calm Environment: Our phones aren’t blaring through the office. We give ourselves the time, resources, and headspace to focus on doing quality work. It is rare that we work overtime as we’re committed to being stewards of our capacity and time management.
• Salary based on years of professional experience and quality of portfolio
• Relocation/moving stipend
AFTER THREE MONTHS OF SERVICE:
• Monthly healthcare stipend and direct primary care membership
• Paid time off – personal and holidays
• Monthly flex day to work remote
• Mo. paid continuing education and opportunities for growth
AFTER TWELVE MONTHS OF SERVICE:
• Retirement Simple IRA with up to a 3% employer match
• Opportunities for a raise, bonus and leadership based promotions