Job: In-Studio Mid – Sn. Graphic Designer
Graphic Design Job Asheville: We’re looking for a mid-level to senior graphic designer with 3 – 9 years of professional brand identity experience to join our studio in Asheville, NC. This is not a remote position.
Our boutique studio crafts brands, packaging, and websites primarily for food & beverage, hospitality, and lifestyle brands. Established in 2008, our tight-knit studio is typically 6 – 10 folks—more details about our culture and values are below. Studio hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• I value art direction and constructive feedback to help deliver an exceptional solution.
• Open communication and honesty are important to me.
• I understand that I’m designing for others and can contextualize their needs.
• If a co-worker needs help, I’m usually the first to offer a hand.
• I am detail-oriented and can manage my own deadlines.
• Work closely with the crew to develop from the ground up – brand identities, collateral, packaging, and some web.
• Take design projects others may have started and see them over the finish line.
• Able to balance 5 – 7 client projects/deadlines per week.
• Willing to do your own production/file prep as we’re a small studio.
• Strong portfolio in identity design and some illustration styles
• Ability to illustrate in Procreate or by hand is required
• Proficient knowledge of pre-press, print, and packaging production
• Skilled in Illustrator, Procreate, Photoshop, InDesign
• A plus if you are familiar with XD or Figma (not required, but willing to learn on the job).
• A college degree is not required. We care about the quality of your portfolio, not where you went to school.
If so, please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no walk-ins.
- Cover letter and Résumé Attn. To: Lisa Peteet, Creative Director
- Portfolio (Please provide a URL, Dribbble, or PDF (<15MB).)
A password-protected website works great if you can’t show your work publicly.
- Three references – phone numbers, please
Relationships: Growing and nurturing our relationships with our team, clients, and the community.
Hard Work: Quality design requires practice, patience, and perseverance.
Calm Environment: Our phones aren’t blaring through the office. We give ourselves the time, resources, and headspace to focus on doing quality work. Rarely do we work overtime as we’re committed to being stewards of our capacity and time management.
• Salary based on years of professional experience and portfolio quality.
• Relocation/moving stipend
• Direct primary care membership
AFTER THREE MONTHS OF SERVICE:
• Monthly healthcare stipend you can use towards insurance or healthcare-sharing alternatives
• Paid time off – personal and holidays
• Monthly flex day to work remotely
• Mo. paid continuing education and opportunities for growth
AFTER TWELVE MONTHS OF SERVICE:
• Retirement Simple IRA with up to a 3% employer match
• Opportunities for raises, bonuses, and leadership-based promotions